There seems to come on Twitter and FB cycles of war. (I’m not on any of the other ones and I’m not really on FB anymore. It’s been months since I logged in.) Sometimes these wars are in tandem with provocative current events. Sometimes they are out of left field like WTF got up this one’s butt this morning?
Either way they are mildly amusing in their pettiness, very telling about the fighters involved and 100% unnecessary. After commenting on this phenomenon a cyber friend suggested a ‘Top ?’ list for things these people can do with their time other than fight with a total stranger about the asinine particulars of their self righteous outrage.
I came up with 5 because I have shit to do other than worry about the petty and unencumbered. So if you’re one of those that like to stir up the trouble, next time the urge tickles, have a gander at these options instead.
- Read War and Peace. That should keep you busy for awhile. Given your inability to wage a concise, coherent, non-emotionally laden argument you might want to bring a dictionary along.
- Go Running. Don’t stop for 3 years, 2 months, 14 days and 16 hours. Write a book about it after. I’ll be the first one to buy it. I promise.
- Invent – the 1st refrigerator water dispenser that doesn’t make a total mess every time someone uses it.
- Solve: 𝜋+e. You may need to go back to school for some math classes. I’ll wait.
- Go Write. I’m guessing if I look in your bio it says you’re a writer. Go write. Take all that passion and go f’ing write something instead of Tweets.
With all the shit going down in the world, use some of that wasted time to do good, to elevate your cause with action and not poorly founded arguments and stop picking nonsense fights on SM.
Now back to our regularly scheduled programming.