Sundays are slow days so today I’m posting one of my favorite things to do, quietly meditate for a few minutes. Some days I do ten minutes other half hour. I have yet to commit to long mainly because that fits a lifestyle I don’t have the luxury of living in just yet.
How do I do this?
- Get comfortable – but not too comfortable. I tried meditating in Supta Baddha Konasana and woke up an hour and a half later. That’s not meditation. That’s exhaustion.
- Sit calmly for a few seconds. Let the chaos of your mind run around screaming you don’t have time for this shit.
- Start to breathe calmly and slowly. Do this for a minute or two.
- Set an intention. Mine this week is to write with a quieter mind. My mind has been busy of late and it’s showing in my work.
- Then quietly whisper the intention while clearing your mind of everything else and breathing deeply.
- Make the decision when to leave this don’t just snap out of it. Slowly shake your mind awake. Take some deep cleansing breaths.
- Go get ‘em tigers!